Sclareolide CAS 564-20-5
- Additional information
Detail information of Salvia Sclarea Extract
Salvia Sclarea Extract is a fragrant chemical compound found in clary sage (Salvia sclarea), from which it derives its name. It is classified as a bicyclic diterpene alcohol. It is an amber colored solid with a sweet, balsamic scent.
|Commodity Name||Salvia Sclarea Extract|
|Botanical Source||Salvia sclarea L|
|Active Ingredient||95% Sclareol, 98% Sclareolide|
|Maker Compounds||Salvia Sclarea Extract NLT 95% GC (ISTD)|
|Appearance||White or light yellow crystal Powder|
|Mesh||98% Pass 80mesh|
|Odor||Slightly amber aroma|
|Physical Charactristics||1.Loss on Drying:≤1.0%|
|3.Melting point C:121-124|
|Quality||1.Ash: 5% Max|
|5.666: 0.2ppm Max|
|Microbiological||1.Total plate count:1000cfu/g|
|2.Yeast & Mold: 100cfu/g|
Main Function of Salvia Sclarea Extract:
1. Enhancing immunity and the ability of antivirus and infection.
2. Anti-aging, anti-oxidant , antifatigue, adjusting cerebral nervous system, enhancing hematopoietic function and promoting metabolism.
3. Protecting hematopoietic function of marrow, improving the ability of hepatic detoxifcatio and promoting. Restoration of hepatic tissue.
4. Preventing and treating coronary heart disease, climacteric syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, etc.
5. Preventing cancer, activating normal cell and improving the blood circulation.
Main Application of Salvia Sclarea Extract:
Salvia Sclarea Extract is used as a fragrance in cosmetics and perfumes and as flavoring in food. Salvia Sclarea Extract and other similar substances may be prepared from Sclareolide. Salvia Sclarea Extract is also able to kill human leukemic cells and colon cancer cells by apoptosis.